- Accreditation: confirmation or acceptance of concrete output or conformity to certain standard.
- Field of application: every activity immediately or indirectly relative to foodstuff.
- Audit: examination of concrete output or conformity to certain standard.
- Certification: certification or documentation of concrete output or conformity to certain standard.
- Certification body: an accredited external company which certifies concrete output or conformity to certain standard.
- Conformity: following the requirements of a certain standard.
- Standard requirement: description of the attribution of a specific activity, as part of the standard.
- Documentation: any file activity or attribute recorded in paper or stored in electronic means.
- Non conformity: incapability of following the requirements of a certain standard.
- Standard: a text that describes the attribution of a specific activity.
Our company, working towards the complete management of its customers and thanks to your own better service, has been in collaboration with some of the leading Certification bodies in Greece and worldwide.Choosing the suitable certification body, comes after a further discussion with you, and taking into account your interest and particularity of your company in each time and economic situation.
Quality Management Systems Certifications By An Independent Certification Body
The following text describes the general frame of certification of a HACCP system. Certification of HACCP can be performed by a national food institution or by an accredited institution for certification. The following text presents the process that the accredited certification body follows.
General Qualifications For Inspectors
- Education relative with the food science and technology
- Knowledge of legislation in the particular sector of food enterprise
- At least a two years professional experience in companies that deal with foods (production, control, distribution, research, education, advisory etc)
- Communication and team collaboration skills.
- Leading and organising skills.
Special Qualifications For Inspectors
- Verified education in GHP and HACCP in the particular sector of food enterprise.
- Verified training as a lead HACCP inspector by certain certification body upon a certain standard(eg EN ISO 22000 or DS 3027 E: 1997).
- Attendance in at least one meeting of opinion exchange per year in a team of inspectors /experts or in a HACCP team of an enterprise.
- One at least HACCP audit annually (5 at leastrequired in order to become a lead auditor).
Essential Documentation For Inspectors
- Application of the enterprise for inspection and inspectors/expert placement for the certification or evaluation of the HACCP system.
- Assignment by contract on inspection of evaluation or certification with the external inspectors/expert of the HACCP system.
- An engagement statement from the inspectors/experts of HACCP for the certification or evaluation of the HACCP system.
- Placement of inspectors /experts team from the certification body or business consultant (provided that application for certification or evaluation is been made respectively).
- An engagement statement from the inspectors/experts of HACCP for follow-up audits in the first two years.
Desirable standard for certification:
eg DS 3027 E: 1997, CAC/RCP 1-19969 Rev. 3 (1997), ISO 22000:2004 (it incorporates HACCP principles)
Subjects of the meeting.
Obligatory proposal elements.
The proposal – offer should have the approval of the commercial director of the certification body. Convention – contract is signed between the company΄s and certification body legal representatives.
The files that are been reviewed are:
An analytical audit plan is made including:
- Report of HACCP files review *.
(* these documents are translated in the state language of the certification body)